This new excitement started when I got task to develop a print ad. I realize I know nothing about comic language, I was just being smartass when creating its headlines. Then I ask my CD for reference. He brought me tons of them. Hehe…not exactly, just a few books.
After I read some of them, I found something interest me, its language (what else?;p). Some of them are quite wit, some straight forward and simple, and some are ambiguous and layered.
So I told my CD I want to continue understanding the language, although my task to develop print ad were pending ‘til June. He kinda respected that and brought me where to buy the comics. I looked for Batman, but can’t find a good one. So I just bought any of them base on my CD recommendations, and I chose this one,
DAREDEVIL: YELLOW. Writer: Jeph Loeb with Artist: Tim Sale.
I felt little bit gusto flowing when I start open its plastic wrap in the car on the way back to the office. A shocking Ad for Wolverine Origin behind the cover stopped me. Wow, this Ad can be use for a high-calcium milk. Such an enjoyment. A full page of Daredevil rolls in the air with some thoughts in his mind and a heart that being broken: “Just when I think it’s going to get easier, I close my eyes and I see you in my arms. It’s as if a hole were torn open in the center of my chest. After a while, it starts to close up and someone has a laugh that sounds like you or wears a perfume that smells like you and it tears the hole wide open again. I don’t feel like eating. I find it hard to concentrate. I can’t do my job, Karen. I can’t live my life.” Yikes! That surely grabbed my attention. My CD said reading this one is like reading a novel. I might be agreed on that. But for now, let me just enjoy this new journey of mine, will you? Or maybe anyone want to join me? I’ll be pleased….
Onto the next page.

No comments:
Post a Comment