That’s a catchphrase used in a British TV series called “Extras”. I must say it really works that mantra, I mean it’s a real catchy. The main character is an extra. Yeah see, that’s one of the first reasons why I bought it. Love the paradox. The other reason is how come this series got a Globe?
So, this extra, Andy Millman, was striving to get an elusive line of dialogue. His efforts created miss talks, miss understanding, miss interpret, miss world (haha, you wish!) of dialogues and gestures that were very funny, actually. Not to mention his fellow extra Magie Jacobs and his foolish agent which added more wit anomalies to the movie.
As the story goes, Andy became successful because of the sitcom he wrote and acted, “When The Whistle Blows”. In that sitcom, he acted as a factory supervisor with curly hair and a red wide-framed glasses (I believe Dian Sastro owns one of them) saying the buzzword over and over,”Are you having a laugh? Is he/she having a laugh?”
It was surely funny at first. But then I realized, maybe those words were the real buzzword that they were going to use in the first place. You know, like mocking those ignorant audiences who are laughing when they watch a brainless TV shows or thickheaded TV drama (sinetrons you might say).
I guess I’m beginning to understand why this series has won the Globe. Because it delivers the message so strong and cleverly: Stay aware while watching the series.
I mean like, if you love watching House, be careful that you might become a sarcastic and mean person. Or even if you like this series, this “Extras”, be aware that there were too much anomalies in it. You might become anomalously overloaded, you couldn’t feel the right thing anymore.
What, am I having a laugh?
Just watch the series, mate. I'm pretty sure you'll be avin a laff.
No comments:
Post a Comment