Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Pulp Talk #3

Hello, me.

It’s been a long time. How are you? Are you happier? You should you know. You’ve worked hard for it. You do want to be happy, right? Don’t tell me you’re one of those people who thinks being happy is pointless, because soon after that you’ll be sad.

I know being happy is not that simple for you. You told me once that whenever you’re happy, someone else would be sad. Or hurt. Especially your family.

All this time you’ve been trying hard to find one thing that will give happiness to you and your family. Not easy. I know. Yet you still trying. Which is good. Don’t mind those voices telling you that your family happiness is not worth fighting for, or the whisper of your ego telling that you need to live your life while you’re young and stop being “the caretaker”. Never consider picking one of them, please.


Because, trust me, both are worth to fight for. Although I don’t know in what form it would come to you. Maybe you’ll get a too-good-to-be-true wife, an unlimited amount of fortune, even go to heaven. Or maybe..you know..not all the above.

Hahahaha...Ok, ok, I’m sorry.

Ok, now, maybe what you need is stop looking up. Start looking down. Zillions of people still live a harder, tougher, cruller, scarier life than you. I don’t need to give you an example of that for sure.

Or just look people around you. You still got cousins that owe you money. A college friend who haven’t got a job. Or a high school friend who never had a date in his life.

See? Compare to them, now you have a steady, good income job. A complete family. A great ex-girlfriend (not the last one, the one before that. Or is it the other one before that?) Okay bad point, sorry.

What I’m trying to say is, maybe you are living a happy live. You just don’t realize it. Maybe you..you know..not being grateful. I mean maybe you are, but not enough.

I remember how you told me those stories which you got what you want after you stop asking and start thanking. Being grateful over a smallest thing lift up a huge burden, you said.

So maybe that’s the solution. Just simply say Alhamdullillah on simple things or list down and express it whenever you pray. Be thankful all the time. And less things will make you unhappy.

Just try it. It worked once, it will work again.


1 comment:

ch said...

maybe because we all place our happiness in other people's hands, not ours. :)